SAM and REGISTERING YOUR ENTITY
To apply for grants or mini-grants from the Kansas Volunteer Commission, you must have an active System for Award Management (SAM) registration.
Registration allows you to apply for federal assistance. As part of registration, SAM.gov will assign you a Unique Entity ID.
To see comprehensive instructions and a checklist for entity registration, download the SAM.gov: ENTITY REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
Please note it is not enough to receive a Unique Entity ID number. The entity must also register with SAM and maintain an active registration for the grant duration. Active status is generally granted within ten business days of registering. This registration must be renewed annually.
UNIQUE ENTITY ID
On April 4, 2022, the unique entity identifier used across the federal government changed from the DUNS Number to the Unique Entity ID (generated by SAM.gov).
- The Unique Entity ID is a 12-character alphanumeric ID assigned to an entity by SAM.gov.
- As part of this transition, the DUNS Number has been removed from SAM.gov.
- Entity registration, searching, and data entry in SAM.gov now require using the new Unique Entity ID.
- Existing registered entities can find their Unique Entity ID by following the steps here.
- New entities can get their Unique Entity ID at SAM.gov and, if required, complete an entity registration.