Grants: General Information banner - people hand over hand in unison.



To apply for grants or mini-grants from the Kansas Volunteer Commission, you must have an active System for Award Management (SAM) registration.

Registration allows you to apply for federal assistance. As part of registration, will assign you a Unique Entity ID.

To see comprehensive instructions and a checklist for entity registration, download the ENTITY REGISTRATION CHECKLIST

Please note it is not enough to receive a Unique Entity ID number. The entity must also register with SAM and maintain an active registration for the grant duration. Active status is generally granted within ten business days of registering. This registration must be renewed annually.


On April 4, 2022, the unique entity identifier used across the federal government changed from the DUNS Number to the Unique Entity ID (generated by

  • The Unique Entity ID is a 12-character alphanumeric ID assigned to an entity by
  • As part of this transition, the DUNS Number has been removed from
  • Entity registration, searching, and data entry in now require using the new Unique Entity ID.
  • Existing registered entities can find their Unique Entity ID by following the steps here.
  • New entities can get their Unique Entity ID at and, if required, complete an entity registration.

Guide to getting a Unique Entity ID -




Contact Us:

900 SW Jackson St Ste 653

Topeka, KS 66612-1212

Phone: (785) 368-7436


The Kansas State Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: KSDE General Counsel, Office of General Counsel, KSDE, Landon State Office Building, 900 S.W. Jackson, Suite 102, Topeka, KS 66612, (785) 296-3201.

Copyright by Kansas State Department of Education